Reporting to the Comunilife Senior Vice President for Programs, the Program Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of the Home Start Project. The Home Start Project will work with chronically homeless individuals/families with substance use disorders (SUD) or substance abuse and mental disorders (COD) to provide a coordinated system of care to enable them to sustain themselves in permanent supportive housing. The Program Coordinator will direct the hiring and supervision of staff, as well as all services for clients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Hiring, supervising, evaluating and developing project staff which includes a Case Manager, Vocational/Entitlements Counselor and a Substance Abuse Counselor.
2. Ensuring that the Home Start Project meets service targets and that it maintains participants in project-sponsored services.
3. Ensuring the successful placement of 40 clients per year into permanent supportive housing.
4. Maintaining project logs and ensure that project staff completes on-site data collection responsibilities.
5. Ensuring regulatory compliance and oversee and assist in the preparation of any reporting required by SAMHSA.
6. Ensuring that budgetary guidelines and fiscal integrity of programs are a maintained in collaboration with the Vice President by monitoring expenditures’ assisting in budget modifications as needed.
7. Preparing and coordinating reports to contract and funding agencies in a timely manner including corrective actions following audits where needed.
8. Establishing and maintaining working relationships with Bronx Lebanon Hospital Medical Center, the NYC Department of Homeless Services (DHS), other local governmental agencies and CBO’s that provides referrals or linkage services to support the work of Comunilife programs.
9. Establishing and maintaining a consortium of project partners.
10. Attending meetings as required and assisting in executing the goals and mission of Comunilife.
11. Attending trainings to gain optimal knowledge of system changes occurring within the service delivery system.
12. Establishing and maintaining communication and collaboration with all Comunilife programs.
13. Developing and exhibiting best practices at conferences/workshops that highlight the innovative advances at Comunilife programs.
14. Engaging in Quality Improvement to enhance the effectiveness of program services and outcomes.
15. Preparing program reports and analyzing data as required.
16. Participating in the program evaluation activities to demonstrate program efficacy and replicability.
17. Performing other duties as assigned.
1. Generalized background with broad knowledge of Supportive Housing Services for chronically homeless persons with Mental Illness and Substance Abuse Disorders;
2. Knowledge of behavioral health practices and procedures; psychosocial rehabilitation; psycho-education; health homes; motivational enhancement strategies; assessment; crisis intervention, process facilitation and supportive counseling and case management activities.
3. Must be able to learn the Multicultural Relational Approach™ and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) models.
4. Must have excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
5. Experience working with multiple types of service programs.
6. Exhibit good judgment, practical day-to-day experience working with a diverse group of people, and hardworking.
7. Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Creativity and latitude.
8. Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
9. Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and integrity.
10. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Education and Experience Requirement(s)
Master’s in Social Work and at least five (5) years of experience working with chronically homeless clients with substance use disorders (SUD) and substance abuse and mental disorders (COD). Experience with cognitive therapy and motivational interviewing; CASAC credentials preferred.
Travel to sites within New York City is required.
General residential environment; field work may be necessary; and must be able to respond to calls 24 hours a day, every day (which may be rotated).
Certifications & Licenses Required
Valid NYS drivers License is required with a good motor vehicle record.